Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Questions we find our clients and potential clients typically want answered up front:
- Senior move managers provide a multifaceted approach to the move process from space planning in the beginning to post move support and advocacy.
- Senior Move Managers are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client’s wishes.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced senior move manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
Senior move managers are contacted by various sources:
- Older adults
- Family members
- Bank and trust officers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Social service providers/social workers
- Senior living communities
- Physicians and allied health providers
- Staging professionals
It’s virtually impossible to calculate what a specific move might cost before our first consultation. Our commitment is to design our contract to meet your needs. We charge different rates for different levels of service. Most hourly rates of Senior Move Managers fall between $40-80/hour.
- NASMM members have expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
- Services are client-centered and personalized to meet their client’s needs and promote their client’s dignity and autonomy.
- Members are reviewed for insurance and experience requirements prior to acceptance.
- NASMM members participate in ongoing educational programs that reflect their commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
- NASMM members adhere to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, and NASMM offers both members and consumers the support of NASMM's Ethics Review Panel.